Optics and Photonics
• Ion beam modification of materials for applications in micro/nanophotonics.
• Active plasmonics, loss mitigation in micro-optical systems, enhancement of light emission using plasmonics.
• Mid-IR optics, passive and active devices for biosensing.
• Integrated optics for microfluidic applications.
Nuclear Microscopy and Radiobiology
• Proton induced fluorescence microscopy in biological systems - Super-resolution imaging.
• Radiation effects in single live cells - Applications in cancer treatment using particle therapy.
• Development of diamond based radiation hard particle detectors, delta-E detectors using thin membranes,radiation dosimetry.